Friday, April 14, 2006

More archives, and lost stuff


I'm still going through old photos. What a chore. The photos are on floppy disks. I have one computer with a floppy drive but no CD drive, and one computer with a CD drive but no floppy drive. So I copy the images on one computer, and mail them to my other computer. And then save them. Ugh.

Anyway, I came across this photo and had a little burp of a mental hissy fit.

I painted this sign two summers ago for our offsite adoptions. We left the sign at the pet supply store where we were permitted to show our kittens. Another shelter had their kittens inside (on permanent display) and we brought ours in on weekends (outside). We stored our equipment in the basement. The store owner began using our sign during the week to help advertise the other shelter's kittens. I was worried about how long the sign would last (and the kittens weren't feral) but hey...adopted kittens are adopted kittens!

I would steal the sign now and then for adoption events at other sites, but then would bring it back for their use during the week.

The thing is, the store has closed, and I don't know where my sign is. I don't know if it was left there, or if I took it and never brought it back (I don't find it here) or I lent it to someone else... Drat! I really enjoyed painting that sign, but I really don't want to paint another.

Both sides were lettered, and the little stars on it are little crystal stars, so the thing really sparkled in the sun. Drat, drat, drat.

There. I'm better now. Posted by Picasa

No comments: