Monday, April 03, 2006

Ditch the rants and get down to nuts and bolts. Literally.


Hmmmmm....get rid of about half the support (after all, it will be cats hopping around in it, not kids), replace the floors with shelves and ramps, cover it with coated 1x1" wire...slap it up against a window on the house...can you say cat enclosure? I came to a fast stop in the Home Depot parking lot and snapped photos so I could steal this design. I may have to swing by again with a tape measure... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much?

Lots of kid stuff works for pets. I made a rabbit play yard from a snap-together hard-plastic expandable kid's play pen. Works great! ... gina

Wildrun said...

There was no price on it, of course. That would have made too much sense. And I didn't bother to go ask. I won't buy this, but I do like the framing design. We have quite a bit of lumber. I'll need bolts and wire and probably some new lumber. We've got left over roofing metal from the barn, I think. Or I'm sure I can find shingles. And if we decide we don't want or need the enclosure in the future, we can side it and make a shed out of it. And if we need to do work on the house, this is sturdy enough that we can drag it away and then put it back again.