Friday, April 28, 2006

Foster home needed!

Esperanza and her five kittens need an experienced foster home. I'm off to New Jersey next week for three days, and while I have enough people to check on them here, Espie plays in her water and tosses her cat litter, and this makes for a messy cage! She needs a real room with a big cat pan and room to get away from these little brats. Not to mention a big water bowl that she can't splash the water out of.

Any past fosterers interested in a week of kittens? (or more if you are willing). It must be someone with the fortitude to deal with the possibility that these guys could have congential problems that could result in some hard decisions later on (see below). If you are interested, email me at info @ americancat.net (remove spaces).

1 comment:

georg said...

Honestly, I've never been a kitten foster mom. We're used to taking the cat that has been at the shelter the longest- the old cats.

I did try bottle feeding a puppy that was pushed out at a day old, but I didn't know about the warm rag for potty thing, and the poor thing didn't make it past two more days.