Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Catnip from heaven...




Boy, the cats lucked out today!

I took a half-day off from work to take our dog Sadie, and the two new cats, Miles and Gunsmoke, to the vet. On the way back I stopped to check my personal and work PO Boxes. The Magic Key ("you've got a package!") was in my personal box, so I took it over to open up the package POBox that matched the key number, and there was a box from Georg!

Catnip toys! Many, many, many catnip toys! And just in time, because I only have three left of the 75 my mother had made two Christmases ago. We were reaching toy famine time.

Since I opened the box in the house and discovered these multi-colored treasures, the house cats had to try them out to make sure they were good enough for the facility cats, ya know. Posted by Picasa


Oh, yeah! Catnip! Posted by Picasa


The house cats provide their seal of approval. Posted by Picasa


In the cat facility, Wings (left) and Ben begin working on a kitty "high." Posted by Picasa


Tiger Tom is in heaven. Posted by Picasa


Fluffy won't be giving his back anytime soon. Posted by Picasa


Plushy has mastered the "one paw" approach. Posted by Picasa



In addition to making the facility cats very, very happy, I send toys home in the adoption packets when cats and kittens are adopted.

Thanks, Georg!!!!!!!! This really made my morning. And I didn't have to wait until evening to blog it, because I still have an hour left to my morning off! Coffee, a computer, and silly cats.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

georg said...

/happydance

Gigolo Kitty said...

Those cats look seriously stoned. That must have been primo nip.

Anonymous said...

If only *I* could find a way to enjoy catnip as much...

Cat said...

Happy happy cats ... everything in the shade of pink ... cotton candy clouds ... if only it has the same effect on us