Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why should I live with ghosts?



As another day passes, I finally snapped over living surrounded by boxes and furniture and personal items of ghosts who choose not to abide here; who send no messages by either Ouija board or table knockings. A "chair-and-a-half" and ottoman on Craiglist reappeared with a plea of desperation by the owner (moving tomorrow, must go) so I offered what I felt I could afford and she said "yes."

The ghosts are being exorcised, one by one.

I was determined to get this in the house by myself, and did (end-over-end, btw). Ivan says "oh, what is that smell?" "Febreeze, dear, sorry." Had I known she was going to spray it, I would have told her I had far less stinky things to banish the mustiness of someone else's life.



Her two cats were pretty dilute calicos, and they were lounging on the balcony rail when I walked about trying to track down the proper apartment. The owner is on her way to Utah, with the cats following later. I tried to get a photo before I drove away, but alas, she called them in. It was really a pretty sight. Good luck to her on her trip!

I think this will do as far as furniture. I'll reposition the bookcases; box up books that do not belong to me, and deeply consider paint options. Check out the information on lowering ceilings on that web page. If I don't have the skill to cut cove molding, I do have the skill to wield a paint brush.

Speaking of paint, I'm working on painting the house, and I can also now continue painting the cat facility, since I hope to stay.

So you are all invited over to try out the new chair...but I suggest you wait until the Febreeze wears off....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't live with ghosts! Good on ya girl! All the power to you!

Widget said...

Ben sends hugs. He is my "ghost chaser".