Friday, June 06, 2008

Dessert and Art at the Main Street Cafe



Last night Donna and I went out for pie and coffee, and got a great dose of wildlife art, at the Main Street Cafe

I had gone for their $9.99 dinner special on Wednesday. I had lamented that I hadn't brought my camera. So when Donna suggested a Thursday outing, I was happy to have an excuse to return in the same week.

Strawberry rhubarb pie and coffee. Simply heaven.



Even more fortuitously, Amy Christian, the artist, works at Main Street, so we not only got to enjoy her artwork, we got to enjoy sharing her experience of creating them.

It is wonderful to see "sold" stickers on almost 1/2 of an artist's show (some have already been removed by their buyers).

(Note: the odd bits of lightness on the artwork are, of course, caused by my flash and reflections from the lights in the room)



The I received my own little bit of artwork. Donna had found a craftsperson on the Petfinder forums, and arranged to get this sign for the "new Wildrun."



I'm afraid I may be impatient and hang it on the "old Wildrun" just because I can, and because I want to look at it and not pack it away--as a reminder of how important friends are.

(Post-note: the artist has an esty page! here.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see local artists supported. We're actually trying to find some to sell their work here in the shop. And I've very glad you liked the sign. Sandy Paws also has a web site (with an even better "selection") at http://www.sandypaws.ecrater.com/ .