Sunday, June 08, 2008

Needed, Ithaca cat-feeder, weekends

(Post-Note: I had my own email address wrong in the post below. Sigh. Thanks, Alice, for letting me know)

Given the price of gas, it would be great if someone in Ithaca might be willing to feed the Fast Food Ferals on Saturday and Sunday. Usually I go into town at least once, and it's good for me to go (for example, I need to mow their little strip of land!) and check on them. But gas is skyrocketing, and two trips are a lot. It needs to be done, though. If they are my cats, legally they've gotta be fed every day.

Kat feeds them every weekday, which is a huge help. In fact, over the years, I've always been able to find dedicated people who will take care of them during the week. Kat has been doing it for a couple of years now, and I rest easy knowing she's there. Mark has always been a secure back-up.

But it would be nice knowing someone would be around to look in on them on the weekend.

So if there is anyone who drives down the Route 13 business district (the fast food/Walmart area) on the weekends, could you drop me a line? My email address is info at americancat dot net (change that to customary email format). Even just one day would help, but I need to be able to count on the person doing it, or emailing me to let me know they can't.

It takes exactly three minutes, and just involves putting a scoop of food from their secure can of food (on site) to the bowl in their feeding station. That's it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey - i'm up in maine for the summer, put i'm spreading the word around to my friends in ithaca that you're looking for someone. maybe when i get back down i can take over. good luck with everything!