Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Letting it go.



I discovered today that Christopher Robin apparently took a solid week off and left town to continue his journey in storybook land...and left Gillian and the south hill cats to go unfed for what would have been seven days, without thinking to give me a heads up so I could feed them, or arrange for them to be fed.

I drove in tonight to feed them, and I should be able to get out each night the rest of this week as well. At first I was angry. Then I just took a deep breath and let it go. This is the way it is; the way it is going to be, and my getting angry is not going to make one whit of difference. In Christopher Robin's toy box, the rest of us are plush animals, and plush animals don't feel pain.

Lily's kittens are getting restless. It's time to set up a back-to-back cages with a box they can crawl in and out of. Bear is interested in them, but I'm not sure he wants to play with them...or eat them. So we'll just keep him away from the kittens until they are larger and mom is FeLV/FIV tested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this picture. So cute. 'Wildrun' I wanted to ask you if you would comment on my company's cat furniture products. www.therefinedfeline.com
I wanted to email you, but I couldn't find your address on your blog. I'd love to get your thoughts.

-Josh