Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Woke up this morning and the beagle was king




We don't have TV, so I'm always a bit behind until I can check the news on the internet the next morning.

Other articles have predicted a spike in beagle adoptions. The owner (or was it the handler) suggested: "Better get a fence."

I would agree. We've had, I think, four strays show up here at our house over the years. Three have been beagles. I had a beagle cross, Scamper,who now and then took neighborhood walks if he broke his long wire run. Luckily he usually headed over to my best friends house, where his buddy, a cocker spaniel (also named Scamper) lived. There was no walking Scamper loose. He had to have a leash. Period. They follow their noses.

Here is the article.

There's an AP Video here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the beagle. I predict swarms of overweight, allergy afflicted howlers in my hospital over the next few years. Thanks, Uno. ;-)

Anonymous said...

No TV......I'd die! There was the BEST story on NPR this AM about beagles and Uno. Ketzel Levine interviewed the head of the Animal Rescue League. The story talked about how different breeds of dogs often become "the flavor of the month" and then end up at shelters and euthanized because they don't meet the new "owners'" expectations.

Connie Graham

Anonymous said...

Oops! Here's the actual link to the Ketzel Levine story: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18974691

Connie Graham