Monday, February 04, 2008

Candle lit for little Kubota

I wrote this post about a month ago, but frankly, I had a hard time reading it. I still have a hard time now, but I think it's time...



I went out to lunch with Lori today, and she mentioned one of my adopters had moved to Elmira and was now using the clinic where she works. I asked how Kubota was doing, a cat he had adopted from me.

She said "He's gone."

Kubota apparently escaped his Commons apartment while still in Ithaca. His adopter didn't think to call me. This was about a year and half ago. so Kubota is likely either rescued by someone else, or died, by now.

Kubota was a very special kitten and I'm having a hard time with this. I feel like I should go down on the Commons and put up flyers to see if anyone who worked there might have rescued him. On the other hand, part of me says "A year and half? He's long gone." He was painfully shy with strangers.

Kubota had a good owner. I do wish he had tracked us down to help try to find Kubota when he became lost.

I did get to see the kitten after he was grown. We were out on the Commons doing adoptions outside PAWS (now gone) and he brought a big and glossy (but still shy of course) Kubota down to see us. It was wonderful to see him all grown up.

There are not always good stories, here.

No comments: