Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Pooh and Piglet!

I have too many email accounts.

I knew Beth had sent me a photo of Pooh and Piglet all grown up, but darned if I could find it. Then I was in my gmail account, and whoa, there it was!

Here they are as kittens

You should have seen them when they were born. They were silver (russian blue-gray) with black masks and paws. I have photos somewhere (probably on a floppy disk....ha!) At about six weeks they started turning black.

I was convinced I had some gorgeous new mutation. It was sad to watch them turn black, but they were sweet little guys, so I enjoyed their retro-silver-Siamese-point phase while we had it. And black cats are lovely. I some serious separation anxiety when they were adopted, but I needn't have worried.

Here they are all grown up. I probably wouldn't be able to tell them apart now:



Thank you, Beth, for giving them a home together!

Post Note: Amy K. who rescued Pooh and Piglet's pregnant mom (and thus, Pooh and Piglet) left a comment! I may have to start posting lots of our previous rescues to flush out old friends who are reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- I didn't think I'd ever hear any more about those two (they were born to the feral momma from my backyard in collegetown years ago now). I am so glad to know that they are doing well!! (And I certainly still have the photos of them looking like silver and black siamese kittens).

Thanks again for all your help back then! I am now living in IL and volunteering for a feral rescue group and am the one going out and doing trapping and socializing of little feral kittens.

Love the blog and read it daily!
Amy Kaplan
(akaplan2 at uiuc dot edu)

Wildrun said...

Wow! Hi Amy! I'm so glad I posted those photos now. I'll need to go look for baby photos now. Please send photos from your rescue work in the future and I'll gladly post them here....or start a blog, and I'll ink. :)

Anonymous said...

As kittens, my two were silver and pewter butterfly tabbies. As adults, they're solid gray.

Siamese markings are temperature influenced recessive gene pair - cooler parts of the body (ears, face mask, legs, tail) are darker than body. Lynx Point is the expression of Siamese point markings on orange color.

Fascinating stuff, genetics. Calico queens often produce orange male kittens.

Trudy