Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I hate people who dump kittens.


Someday I'll catch someone doing it, and it won't be pretty.

This is what today brought us (the yucky stuff around the kitten's mouth is baby food). I got an email from our neighbors who have been victims of serious cat dumping, and yet another kitten had shown up. I had to go into town to pick up my lightning-blasted computer from Ohm Electronics, so I swung by to pick this kitten up from their garage. They had him all set up in a plastic cat crate, with a towel and two little bowls. We had assumed he was feral, and he had been on the porch near raccoons, so frankly, I was planning on taking him straight to the vet to be evaluated. Had he been feral, with raccoon bites, as well as sick, he probably would have been euthanized.

However, by the time I got my computer, the vet was closed. I took him home and thought "Well, I guess I'll give him a last meal of baby food." And that's when he started to purr.

Sigh.

He's totally tame. Someone ditched this little kitten to fend for himself.

He's had a bath (no bites on him that I could see), some eye meds, (Donna, are you still checking in? Thanks for the eye meds!!!!) and some baby food. He purrs like a trooper. Poor little guy. At any rate, this meant I was late getting back to work, so I'm working a bit late tonight.


Until I get a new wireless router, blogging will be light. My office is bearable for about ten hours before I can't stand the heat anymore. I can't bring my computer downstairs until I get the new router, and although I love ya'll, it's just too darned hot to work up here again until 9:00 pm when the temps drop. Once it cools down, I also need to spend time with the cats and get the fans in the windows to bring the cool night air in to prepare for another hot day.

So when the heat is nasty, there just aren't enough hours in the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've learned that people who are cruel to animals or don't care about them, have the same attitudes about people--run far away from them!

Susan, if you can contain it so the cats can't get near it, try a block of dry ice near a fan, and it will help cool the air. But if a kitty touches or licks it, well, it's painful.

Bless you for all the good work you do!

Anonymous said...

What a lucky little guy this one is... so glad he found his way to people who care about his welfare. He's cute, too! I mean, he's no Knuckles in the cuteness department, but he's close ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Susan, I'm still checking in. The funny thing is, my hubby said the other day "I wonder if that kitty rescue lady has used up all the stuff you sent, how long does that stuff last? Maybe it's past the expire date." He can't remember to take his glasses off before bed but remembers that kind of stuff. That's one of the reasons I love him...silly man. What a little cutie, I still can't understand why anyone would dump a kitten. And Alice, if your listening, I like animals a whole lot more than people. My furry companions have never done anything spiteful or hurtful just for the sake of "one upping" me.

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Magoo: Hissss! Phhft!
Smudge: Hissss! Phhft!
Bella: Hissss! Phhft!
Dolce: Hissss! Phhft!

After hearing the cats comments, I found I had nothing to add. Of course, I would never use such bad language as the cats used.