Saturday, July 15, 2006

A weekend to catch up...



Last night I returned the feral mom cat from Swartwood, now that her kittens are weaned and she has been spayed and recovered. The second mom cat was spayed yesterday, along with the mom of the feral kittens that just came in. I made two more spay appointments but the soonest I could get was next Thursday. So I'll take some traps by the neighbors house and have them get those two pregnant cats.

Since almost my entire office fried in the lightning (hopefully something can be salvaged from the computer, but the fax, modem, and the router are history)I need to spend some time today catching up at work. Thankfully I have my own laptop available.

Weekends are also "big clean" days in the cat facility. I have foster homes who are willing to take kittens, so everyone needs to get wormed, and treated a second time for fleas and earmites so they go out the door "clean."

Flyers need to be done, and kittens need to be updated online. We need to get them HOMES!!!!

Right now we are housecleaning. Uck.

I hope you all are having a productive weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get fried using a surge protector, or were you plugged directly into the outlet? I just wondered if surge protector would be powerful enough to prevent damage in this sort of sitution, or if it would just be "toast".