Sunday, July 09, 2006

Got the kittens!



Valarie called this morning and I ran over at noon (which, in my time, is actually 12:45--you can pretty much tack 30-40 minutes onto any response I promise you this summer). The kittens were really easy to catch by setting out a paper plate with wet cat food, and bringing a fish net (K mart, seven bucks) down flat over them. I have photos, but I can't find my camera and borrowed Mark's. My computer won't read his cards, so I'll probably have to ask him to forward them to me from his job tomorrow.

Valarie and her husband have four new female cats hanging out this year, and a few males. This is discouraging, since they got all the local strays rounded up and into homes last year. I saw the kittens' mom. She is very friendly and quite pretty. The rest are feral.

Valarie sent me this photo just now, of one of the feral females, chowing down on her porch. They will keep the adults, but we need to get them fixed before there are more kittens.

Valarie has just named her "Dixie."

I think it fits her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a pretty cat! Aww.