Friday, July 07, 2006

Gettin kittens adopted




The kittens are all getting to the adoption stage, which means I need to get my butt in gear to find them homes. Several have been adopted by responsible folk to whom I dare send a pre-eight-week-old kitten. I worry about them getting an upper respiratory here, since Billee and Esperanza both are getting over severe sniffles after their spays. While B and E are in quarentine downstairs, there is still the possibility that I could drag up upstairs. Every now and then a cat upstairs sneezes and I'm on pins and needles. But so far no one has resolved into the serious sneezing and congestion that B and E (and Knuckles) experienced.

So I've been taking photos to feature the kittens online and in posters. Above is a kitten I originally named Hobart (from a science fantasy book called Fool On The Hill, set in Ithaca, which features a feral cat, a stray dog, numerous fairies, a war, and a kite-flying hero on the slopes of Cornell University), until Hobart turned out to be a female (whoopsie!). Gretchen, who has been visiting at lunchtime from her job almost every day, is partial to her, and may be taking her home.

I thought I'd post "her" kitten's photo in case she wants to show her off to friends. :)

No comments: