Friday, June 23, 2006

Off Site Adoption Sunday!



We'll be at Michaels craft store on Route 13 (behind Chili's and near Barnes and Noble) this Sunday from ten am to noon, in Ithaca.

Come by and visit us! You don't need to be looking for a cat or kitten. We have fun hanging out and talking. It's about the only time I get to see my friends.

Susan from Tamarack Farms will be bringing cats and kittens, too. I plan to bring Billee, Tiger Tom, Casper and Cassie, and two of the younger kittens (who won't be ready to adopt, but could use the exposure).

This photo is from last year at Michaels. This year I plan to set up outside. Susan would like to be inside, so I'll send people on in to her. People enjoyed us last year, but we didn't get any adoptions. I can't spend a whole afternoon without the best chance of finding homes for these guys, therefore the outside site where people from Barnes and Noble and Habitat will see us. And hey, then I'll send them on in to Susan!

AND two more of the kittens have "holds" on them.

AND Knuckles is doing really well. I'm getting the guest room ready for...well...guests, and Knuckles thought that it was real blast to help strip the bed. He met Sadie the dog tonight and didn't even fluff his little tail. He walked right over and said "Hi."

Sadie didn't think a lot of that. You could almost hear her say "God, no, not another KITTEN."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan

I just discovered your blog yesterday - excellent so far (haven't read all the entries yet). Have you read about the desperate situation at ananimal shelter in Paw Paw, West Virginia?
Reprieve for the dogs & cats extended to 1 July. Link is:

http://dogblog.dogster.com/2006/06/21/desperate-situation-in-west-virginia-pound-puppies-and-kitties-need-homes-immediately/


Keep up the good work!
Regards
passerby

georg said...

I went! It was fun! It was lovely meeting you!