Saturday, June 17, 2006

How would you like to go to school with this in your back school yard?


My sister Linda lives in Van Hornesville, a tiny village near Cooperstown NY, that I am certain I am misspelling. She has a lovely little farmhouse/duplex that backs onto an old stone school, which is in fact not a private school, but their local K-12 school. It is gorgeous, and they have a nature area in the back woods with caves, waterfalls, and amazing plants like the liverworts at the bottom. I keep meaning to bring my good 35mm camera to take photos, but today made do with my cheap digital when we were up there today for my neice's wedding shower.

Linda plays with the Glimmerglass Opera, so this summer we will need to take the time to travel up to see a performance.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little waterfall. It sounds like a lovely place to try to beat this heat. I hope your cats and kittens are staying cool. I have my second litter of the season. It is so satisfying to get a litter of scared kittens and watch them become friendly and secure.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos -- I can almost smell how lovely it must be, with all the water and greenery. Here it mostly smells like dust :p

Anonymous said...

Van Hornsville is my favorite small town!! It is so nicely nestled in that little valley. what a treat for your sister to live there and for you to visit.
Peace to you and you kitties