Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Heaven....really.


My wireless reaches to the Cat Garden. I am blogging from the yard. This is insane. Insane and perfect. I distinctly remember, oh, ten years ago, as an admin assistant in the Provost's Office at Ithaca College, trying to get Mozilla to download (remember the Mozilla dinosaur? Fitting now, huh?) and thinking "Why the hell would anyone wait this long just to see something on a computer?"

And now half my life is internet-based. If you count that my cat adoptions are largely online, then we are talking three-quarters. Thank goodness my husband isn't a virtual husband. Sometimes it seems like he's the only thing real around here.

I have a half day off, today. I am on an extended leash for Tuesday. I am in a very small heaven. I have been into town, been to the vet, redone my flower boxes on the cat facility, went up to my office and did some work, fed some kittens, cleaned some house, and no, I haven't done the personal paperwork I planned to do, so I'll get to that now.

But oh...how hard to go inside, when it's this beautiful outside.

The red building (barn) across the road is the cat facility.

There is a chipmunk burrow in the Cat Garden (the cat cemetary for anyone who cares for ferals). I've been watching him/her bring seeds to the hole from the birdfeeder. I think it's rather fitting that a chipmunk lives among cat memories. We all pass on, sooner or later.

1 comment:

auntie p said...

That's a lovely yard. Most of us live in apartments over here, so we can only dream about having a yard.

We have sunny weather for most of the year though, just no yard for most of the population.