Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Synopsis, and more later....


Bought three of these lovely cat fleeces. More on that later! The woman who makes them doesn't have a website to sell them, which is really too bad. My cats gave them an immediate paws up. I took one out to Nick in his cage in the cat facility and he thinks his is pretty cool, too, even though his is pink.

I visited a wonderful cat care and adoption facility. More when I can blog coherantly.

I got a new (used, but fast!) computer for work. Happy Days! You cannot begin to imagine the scary noises my old one was making.

Mark took care of all the cats while I was gone, both the street cats, and facility cats. A "thank you" is NOT enough...

Tonight we took in a 16-year-old shy black cat whose owner has moved to a nursing facility. He's scared, but I would like to find him a place for his twilight years. He doesn't look anything like 16, but family members (who are very involved in his placement, bless them) say they have vet records for his first and only trip to the vet 15 years ago. So he's a robust senior gentleman cat. More on him, later, too! He has a vet appointment February 1st. I forgot to take the camera out to get photos of him, and I doubt he wants a flash in his eyes right now anyway. He refuses to hide in the feral cat den I put in his cage, and prefers the nice warm cat snuggle bed. That's a good sign.

It is after 1AM and I must go to bed.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for pets who are uprooted after years and years of being with the same owner, in the same home and familiar surroundings. Our two adoptees from last year were just scared out of their wits when they came to live with us, wondering, I'm sure, where their beloved regular Mom had gone (she'd died... we got the cats from her daughter). During times of stress and illness, I really wish I could just communicate with the cats to explain what is going on.

Anonymous said...

My cats LOVE anything made out of fleece. "Oh, I must get close to the fleece!" *snuggle snuggle snuggle*

Poor 16-year-old, shy kitty.... Crossing my fingers that he finds a new home soon...

Anonymous said...

Caesar, my Black Cloud of Despair, was in the same situation.

His owner had died and he had to live with the daughter. She had pets and kids and decided not to keep Caes so she put him in the HSFN. The daughter told the shelter he was eight, but they, the vet, and us think he was older, more like 10-12. He's been with us almost four years now and seems pretty happy.

Sometimes, though, the saddness radiates off him.

georg said...

One of our favorite cats came to us as an older cat. It was estimated she was between 13 and 18 when she was abandoned by a young man, crying, "My girlfriend won't move in with me while I have a cat. I've had her my whole life." But he dumped the cat. I hope she wasn't worth it. Rags had a very unfriendly attittude, so when she sat on your lap for a few minutes and allowed you to pet her, it was a privilege and we knew it. She stayed with us for about 10 years before finally passing. I like getting older cats. And cat care is written into our wills. We can't imagine life without them, so we want to make sure their life without us is still taken care of.

Anonymous said...

I think a lot about what will happen to our pets when we get old and infirm, or what would happen if something happened to us now. I'm going to put it in my will that unless someone in the family says that they want the cats, I want them to go live at a cat "ranch" together, and I'm going to put aside a sum of money to cover their care.