Thursday, January 05, 2006

5 weird things about me

Leigh-ann of the Blogpound laid a meme on me. "Five weird things" about me? Oh, help.

1. Leigh-ann suggested "I covet towels." She's exactly right. I also covet new carpet remnents to recover cat posts and any sturdy wood box that has the potential to be turned into an attractive cat shelter. I therefore brake for packing crates, and get a little snoopy at the dumpster at Carpet Warehouse.

2. I like the smell of skunk

3. My hair went white about age 35. This was remarkable at 35, but not so remarkable at 43.

4. I get along with everyone. I don't know if they get along with me, but there you go. I'm a professional fence-walker, and can walk into a fur trapping convention or an animal rights conference and find good anywhere there is honesty. I therefore end up with a reputation for being mild-mannered, which I find rather hilarious as I feel I am the second-most attitudinal person I know. Those few people who have been on the receiving end of my attitude probably agree with me.

This blog is attitude-censored before posting (usually). (Note: I have just found a subject that I may have to get attitudinal on. Stay tuned).

5. I am against letting pet cats outdoors, but am a strong advocate of trap/neuter/return for outdoor ferals. In fact, the majority of feral rescuers I know will fix the free-roaming ferals, but anything they take in, they will adopt only to indoor homes. This is not hypocrisy. It's triage, and it works.

I'm not going to tag anyone (only because I've answered this late and I don't have time to check all my favorite blogs and most faithful readers this morning to see if they've already posted their weirdness), however if you haven't answered this meme, I'd love to know what's weird about you, on your blog.

Happy Birthday, Leigh-ann!

(weird thing number 6: I'm addicted to that damned million dollar cat. I go look at it multiple times a day. There's something about all those tiny brush strokes.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As one of my "weird things", I almost posted that I like the smell of horse manure. I grew up in farm country in Ontario, and the smell reminds me of home and good memories. I don't mind the smell of skunk, either, although I've never smelled it up close and personal.