Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Rest in peace, little Mac

Mark warned me he had forwarded this to me, but even then I didn't expect to cry, until I read it:

Hi Mark. You probably don't remember me but I was a student back in the late 80's, early 90's and I was...a friend of Sue's. I was trying to reach her but I guess she doesn't work at Ithaca anymore?...I adopted a cat from Sue back in 1992, she named him MacNugget (Mac). I thought she would want to know that I just had to put Mac to sleep this morning. He got diabetes and I just couldn't justify putting him through all those shots and a diet he would probably hate at his age. I just wanted to thank her for letting me adopt him. We had 14 wonderful years together. I used to tell people that I had my cat longer than I had my husband. :-) We just had our 10th wedding anniversary last July.

Anyway, if you're still in touch with her, could you please let her know that? I hope all is well with you and your family. Thank you.

Little Mac. What a sweetie. Very shy, but she adopted him anyway. Fourteen years?

All those cats from the fast food strip. All those years. All those wonderful adopters. Incredible friends. And she is missing her cat, and reached out to someone else she thought would care.

I care, April. I really care. Thank you for letting me know.

Somewhere, I have pictures...

With a name like McNugget, you know where I caught him...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sad, yet so wonderful. You know he had a very happy life and was well-loved. That's the best anyone can ask for! :o)