Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Home again, and the cats say "thank you" MAC!

The MA Animal Coalition is pretty savvy when it comes to thank-you presents. Stacy, the Wildrun cats think the catnip toys are very cool!






I took pity on the house cats and let them have one, too. Cricket has been hogging it.



The Workshop was great, the speakers were excellent, and I got to meet Judy in person, feral_cats yahoo group member and blog reader, after many years of internet acquaintance!

Alas, Jen and Sam forgot about the time change and missed the train! But we'll see them when they are in Ithaca next week.

I visited the Worcester Animal Rescue League on the way home (they were nice enough to talk me in when I got lost in downtown Worcester) and enjoyed a beautiful sunny MA ride home in late afternoon (and a colder NY drive in early evening) after rain, rain, rain all the way up on Saturday. Thomas is just the sweetie in person that WARL says he is online

On Sunday I thought my cough was due to too much talking after last week's cold, but it appears I actually have picked up another bug. Naturally all the cat people at the conference (expressing kind concern after I had a coughing fit in a Q&A session) said "must be a secondary bacterial infection, huh?"

I feel like I should be dosing myself with Clavamox!

I will be avoiding human contact for a few days, so as to prevent this bug from replicating itself among my friends.

Thank you, Donna, for caring for the kids again. Everyone looked awfully content when I got home!

No comments: