Thursday, March 06, 2008

Got groomed today

You know how you look at that family dog and realize he really, really needs a clip? Like, probably five weeks ago, but you've been going at him with the sissors, and for a long while you were pretty pleased with the results, but now you have to admit that time and nature have gotten ahead of you and the poor dog looks really really neglected?

Yeah, that's me. I got a haircut today. First one in five months. The last one was also right before I was going to be seen in public.

And you know how when the dog comes home, for an hour or so you find the little bows above his ears kind of cute, and also that sort of sleek glossy look the groomer somehow manages to fluff out of him is fascinating. But then you can't stand it, pull the bows out, and send him out in the rain, and towel dry him so he gets his curls back?

That's me, too.

And you know what? The haircut cost about as much as a grooming, too.

But I don't bite. And I tip OK.

No comments: