Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hot cats means they lie still for photos.

It's a warm evening, and the cats just want to sprawl on the cool floors.

Ivan's catheter was pulled this morning at the vet's but by evening he was blocked again, so back he went, and he's got a new catheter and his headgear back on, plus anti-spasmatic meds and his special food, til Friday a.m. I have been to the vet seven times this week, and we've got one more trip (I hope just one) to go. I'm bushed, and I'm sure Ivan is too (all the trips were not just for Ivan). My vet, Cornerstone Veterinary Hospital has been incredible.



Espie. She was quite the cuddle bug tonight:




Dude, being Dude:



Really, she looks so peaceful when she's asleep:



And of course, handsome Shakespeare:



Someone adopt us! (Mariah the gray kitten has a home, and Ivan, of course, is my special feline).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will Ivan eat just wet food? The amount of moisture in it is so much higher than in dry + drinking water, and it might be helpful.

georg said...

I'm over my limit, or I'd take Shakespeare. He's such a twin to my Pepe, in personality as well as looks.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just found your blog tonight while looking up something that I now forget (I'm a tangent kind of person) and just had to say, Dude's facial structure reminds me a LOT of William Dafoe. ;) Something about those cheekbones...Anyways, I think what you do is wonderful, and if I lived near you I'm sure I'd be walking away with a kitten, intentionally or not. ;) I just got my first kitten a few months ago, and he's a riot.

Susan Greene said...

Hi ranasp!

Dude was chomped by a raccoon when he was a kitten (so we had to quarentine him for A Very Long time) and his jaw was broken, therefore the interesting head shape. Send us a photo and we'll be happy to blog your kitten! info at americancat dot net.

Anonymous said...

I tried emailing you, not sure if it went through. :P It would be from GreyDrakkon (at) yahoo (dot) com, so if you see something in your box from that address, its me. :)