Monday, June 04, 2007

Busy weekend, busy day

I did some more floor painting over the weekend on the first floor of the barn. It's a little wild, but with throw rugs it should tone it down a bit. Hold onto your hats:



It beats the heck out of what it looked like before, and it didn't cost a thousand bucks (for a professional concrete repair/painting job. I can still have that done in the future of course). Only one half of the room is done. The downstairs cats are being shuffled around until it is complete.



Valarie volunteered to foster three kittens, so she came and fetched them tonight.



And then, wondering where I might come up with a foster home for the hefty buff kittens, it occurred to me to weigh them. They are well over two pounds and can be neutered. And once neutered they can stay at Cornerstone in the off-site adoption cage. So it looks like the kittens are taken care of for the time being.



Lily and her last-year daughter can go back to their home now that Lily has weaned her kittens and is spayed. I had hoped Lily would tame up, but she bites and smacks, even as she purrs. Her daughter is the nastiest, silliest cat I've ever met. She is round-eyed with curiosity which isn't normal for a feral cat in a cage. But she's been here a long while and I think she finally decided sulking was out. Here she is, saying "Put your hand in here and let me bite it!" It's almost like she enjoys being mean...like at least one human female I know.



Goodnight!

Oh wait, I almost forgot a photo of Lawrence. I'll put this on his posters...if it ever stops raining long enough for me to put them up.

No comments: