Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's that time again















It's that time when winter is rolling in and all those people who weren't sure what to do about the kittens living under their house now are worried about cold weather.

I received two calls today from friends of older persons (who are unable to call for themselves) who need help with cats they have been feeding. Both are out of my county. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow.

I have to say, I have a hard time swallowing the snark right now. I shouldn't have to step foot in that county. They should have had a volunteer program in place years ago to handle these calls (three paragraphs of snark have in fact been chewed up and swallowed, here, i.e. deleted). It's not the fault of the current administration so I take a deep breath and sigh.

The kittens in this photo are half of the 11 kittens I caught in 2001 from the same area I'll be headed into this weekend. On my machine the caller said something like "you trapped a gazillion kittens for her when you were helping someone across the street, years ago." I think these may be the kittens she is referring to. I'm hoping that both callers might be calling to help the same woman. That would be a bit of a relief, to have two calls turn into only one.

That of course, means the woman has two friends who might be able to help. That would be great!

No comments: