Thursday, October 12, 2006

Meet the Big O


This is Big Orange. I suppose he'll need a new name soon, but he showed up at Nancy's house pummeling the tar out her pet cat and her recently neutered feral friend. We assumed he just needed a testicular excision. However upon his arrival at the vet, it was discovered that not only was he neutered, he was ear notched (I'm an eartip fan and we wouldn't even have thought to look for notch). So obviously testosterone was not the cause of his fighting itch.

So what to do?

Well, he has an upper respiratory, so that buys some time while we look for his owner. SOMEONE arranged to get him fixed. The vet figures he is seven years old, and to my knowledge, no one in this area has used a notch for about three years...although perhaps there is a vet who is still notching.

He can't go anywhere until he is over the snuffles. Until then, he is rapidly becoming a real smush. He can be picked up, petted, cuddled but...yes, BUT...he has that look in his eye that says "I'm only letting you cuddle me because I plan to murder you in your sleep and make my escape."

But he is SUCH a handsome boy. With Big Blue Eyes.

2 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Dang, I so love the boys with an attitude. Maybe because I didn't date the "bad boy" while I was young. Never had an interest in it until I started loving the bad boy kitties. Give me a large male with a bad attitude and a need for affection and I'm putty in their paw.

Anonymous said...

Heh... my cat Frank was like that. He gave me some nasty bites over the first year that I had him, which was one of the reasons I was afraid to adopt him out to anyone else. He's a total sweetheart, now... I guess he stopped biting when he finally felt at home.