Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ginny and Whiffen are off to their new home...

...and their new names are now Zsu Zsu (which fits her TOTALLY) and Jasper. You should seen the room full of toys they have. And I got a great email from Stephanie today letting me know they are doing fine. Zsu Zsu is still on eye meds, which I sent along with her, so hopefully that will continue to improve as it has been this last week and a half.

I will be out of town the latter part of this week, so am hoping to put the buff twins in a foster home so that will be one less cage to clean. I've got an email into my usual "in a pinch" foster home to see if they might be able to take them. I have people interested in the buff kittens but I'm not going to have a chance to get them fixed this week, and they are just barely at "fixable" weight and I like them to be a little bit over.

Thank you to Mark and Donna for taking care of the clan while I'm gone! If any other volunteers visit after Wednesday afternoon, please feel free to scoop litter boxes (or just totally dump the small boxes if they need it) and add water/food. The young kittens all get food from the kitten-food bin on the counter in the vestibule, and the adult cats are pretty much all on light food from the bin on the floor in the vestibule.

Remember that new feral kittens will BITE if scared or restrained. Any nips or scratches from those kittens MUST be reported on the white board, and then call me on my cell phone (number on the white board) to let me know. Some of those kittens are very aggressive about liking baby food, so while I am gone, please use a plastic spoon rather than a finger to give them baby food if you are going to work on taming. We've had a bite-free year, and I'd like to keep it that way.

And please cuddle Dude. He loves it.

No comments: