Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cat Lady clothes


It's very dangerous to fall into the cat lady clothing syndrome.

If you spend all your money on cats, you don't have money to spend on clothes. And the clothes you do buy need to be durable, or they will shortly fall apart. But they are going to get covered with mud, cat litter dust, cat fur, and kitten glop. If you buy cheap-cheap big-box clothing, it doesn't last ten washings before you look...like a cat lady.

Last week the Land's End overstock catalog came out and if you get to the computer IMMEDIATELY you can sometimes actually purchase some of the things they have listed there. Wait more than a day or two, however, and all that is left is extra-small, if that.

And sometimes what comes in the mail just isn't what you thought you were buying, because the photos on the webpage and catalog aren't as large as the standard catalog.

This time I lucked out. The shoes ($16.99, a splurge, but still cheaper than K-mart sneakers) are actually quite trim and very comfortable. I expected them to be clunky. I may go back to see if they have another a pair in brown, now that I've seen these.

The grey top was an initial disappointment. I pulled it out and realized it was "just a gray sweatshirt." But it is very soft, and the waistband is false...it doesn't sit tight around the hips, which is why I hate sweatshirts.

The blue top is actually a pajama top, but only those of you who read this blog will ever know. I plan on wearing it as a shirt. Land's End said it was "violet." Ummmmmm.....No? It's actually too heavy to wear in bed, IMO. The tops were both something like 7.99 and are quite good quality.

The socks? How could I resist? All my polartec socks (which are normally $29.00/two pair--I ask for them for Christmas and birthdays and they last a couple of years) have holes. I like them because they dry out fast and are warm when you are shoe-less. The only ones left on-line ($9.00 for two pair on sale) were leopard print.

I just had to do it.

I just HAD to.

And that's when you know you are a cat lady.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes! I find the slip-on shoes from Land's End to be sooooo comfortable... I've got about three pairs myself, plus some Land's End slippers.

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Your socks are leopard print sockies? :)

That's ... too cute. lol.