Saturday, October 21, 2006

Feeding the humans, too...



Tonight was the Empty Bowls Benefit Dinner for Loaves and Fishes in Ithaca. My friends Martha and Hilary usually host the wine table (Martha is a Finger Lakes winemaker) but they were going to be out of town. Martha requested the generous wine donations from Finger Lakes wineries (i.e. did all the real work), and Lisa and I agreed to host the table in their stead. Mark was going to be there, but realized this week he had to be out of town for a conference. It was a wonderful time with wonderful volunteers.

Local artist potters create bowls, and attendees chose their bowl and enjoy a dinner of soup, salad, and bread, donated by local restaurants (and the soups were incredible).

The couple who adopted Bro and Blackberry were there (musicians! I didn't know!) and they are doing great.

Jennifer and Gail of Kitchen Chair played the first set, but it was too busy at the wine table to get a photo of them. I don't get to see the two of them as often as I'd like.





I haven't been involved with Loaves and Fishes in the past. I was astounded with how fast and efficiently they worked, and how well they all got along. The guests were delightful. It was a great evening, and if I don't get to help with hosting next year, I'll definitely be there as a supporter/guest.



Thanks, Martha, for asking us! It was a great time.

No comments: