Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blackbird spends the week at Cornerstone



Cornerstone Veterinary Hospital generously offered adoption space for kittens, so today I trucked over a table, cage, and kitten, to see if we can find Blackbird a home with one of Cornerstone's clients. She was a bit astonished by the first dog that came in (fittingly, a rescue dog for Cayuga Dog Rescue)but otherwise seemed OK. I'll have to give a call tomorrow to see how she is doing.

They also said it would be OK to put out a donation box so perhaps we can one day purchase one of these for a permanent adoption cage at the clinic. I want the s505 with stand

Tonight I noticed Wings twitching one of his ears and discovered he had ear mites. Usually I treat everyone with Revolution on a monthly basis (which kills mites as well as fleas and requires a prescription) but due to difficulty obtaining the amount I need, I've been using Advantage instead for fleas (which doesn't kill earmites, but can be purchased now without a prescription). So normally I don't have to worry about earmites. Well, now I do, and everyone is getting treated, and that's a LOT of ears.

That meant I was in the cat facility for hours (hey, if you are going to do ears, you may as well worm all the cats as well) and the cats loved it, especially the big cats. I spent a lot of time just sitting on the floor, cross-legged with a cat in my lap.

No comments: