Sunday, October 22, 2006

A cat Sunday

This morning Miles was adopted, so I got my butt out of bed to clean the house and the cat facility early (for a Sunday). Once Miles was safely on his way, I came into the house and told myself it would be a good day to return the hay barn cats. So out I went again, got the two recovered ferals from their feral dens back into traps, and loaded them up on the truck. I'm sure they are glad to be home. The little gray, below, was a cryptorchid. He's now another healthy neutered barn cat. The female has only one tooth left! She's got a few years on her. No more kittens for her! This barn also feeds wet food, but she seems to have no problem eating dry.







I then went downtown to pick up a new ferret hammock for the off-site adoption cage that we'll be setting up at my vet's, and some kitten chow. My current slings look a bit too shabby for a vet's office.

Then I treated myself to a newspaper, a cheese omlette, and coffee at Manos. $5.75.

I went to feed the fast food ferals, and got a rare glimpse of Vannie. Can you see her on the bridge? She's the same color as the leaves. She's such a pretty girl.



Click on the photo for a larger view.

When I went up to feed the South Hill cats, their feeding station was MIA. I hope Mark moved it. I left food at the same spot.

No comments: