Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Let there be light.


Last week, bulbs started popping out, directly in proportion to the diminishing amount of daylight hours we are receiving. Mark was headed into town on Sunday so I handed him $40 and asked if he could pick up a heat lamp bulb and replacement bulbs for my track lighting. The cats love to bask under the two heat lamps in the cat room, and when the weather is only mildly chilly, the heat lamps are more than sufficient to heat the room. So Mark came home with a box of bulbs, and I headed out and up to the facility to do some relamping. As soon as I started replacing bulbs in the Cage Room.....POP! The room went black.

&$#$&@!!!! I'd tripped the breaker and this meant stumbling down into what we call the "Head Banger Room" (very low ceilings) downstairs to the electrical box to flip the breaker.

But then the lights went back on before I had a chance to move. Hmmmmmmm....

When I came out after the changing the bulbs, I could hear fire sirens, so went into the house to turn the scanner on. A transformer had blown (and then back-ups had kicked in to restore power) just as I happened to be changing my first light bulb.

And yes, that little box of bulbs cost $41.


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: