Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's winter.


Winter storm watch? No way!

Yes. "Way." It's cold, and the heat lamps and one heater aren't cutting it. I brought up a second heater today, and resolved to call the propane company about installing the propane heater.

Winter Storm Watch in effect from 8 am EDT Tuesday through late Tuesday night for elevations above 1500 feet...

Overnight
Rain at lower elevations with mixed rain and snow above 1500 feet. About an inch snow accumulation. Lows in the upper 30s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tuesday
Rain in the valleys...with heavy wet snow above 1500 feet. Significant snow accumulation possible. Highs 35 to 40. North winds 10 to 20 mph.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had snow here in Vegas (in the mountains, of course) early last week. When I look at Mt. Charleston out my front window, they've already got a nice bit of snow built up, and are planning for a good ski season. So, I guess if we can have snow in Vegas in the middle of October, it's only right that you have snow in New York ;-) I don't envy you, though... I've still got my air conditioning set at 77 degrees because it's so warm outside. My Canadian blood is so spoiled by sunshine.

Wildrun said...

I don't mind snow, but I would have liked some more sunny days to enjoy the leaves. I mean, that's why we put up with the rest of the year, here...just for those few weeks in fall!

Air conditioning? Funny. My woodstove is cranking.