Tuesday, April 03, 2007

It's all my fault that it is going to snow...

Because I have been productive.

First, if you have come here for the list of food not involved in a Menu pet food recall, you can find that list here

Now, it is going to snow because...

A) I put the snow shovels away.



B) I put woodchips down on the path to the house.





I got rid of the Christmas boughs and winter flag and planted pansies in the cat barn window boxes.



I painted the porch floor and got rid of most of the accumulated junk on the porch...step one in painting the entire house this summer.



(Unrelated note, the statue above is why I try to go to smaller grocery stores and not Wegmans, where I always find stuff I don't need but can't resist. It does a good job of holding down the tablecloth, I think).



This has been down by the creek for three years or so. It was a "tabletop" on a small wine barrel, but the barrel died a few seasons back and this disappeared each year under the blanket of weeds. I hauled it up with a wheelbarrow to save it from the same fate this year.




Nick the cat and Sadie our senior dog helped, of course.

So this, dear friends, is why the temperature is now going to fall into the 30s, with snow. Had I left well enough alone and spent my evening hours just lolling around, we would have an April of solid 70s. It's all my fault.

On the up side, now that it will be cold, I can start doing some serious spring cleaning in the cat facility these next few evenings.

No comments: