Saturday, December 16, 2006

Well, Dad is now in skilled nursing...

I just wrote a long post and deleted it. I think I'll wait until my concerns and frustrations fade. But at least this place seems nice...and far easier to get in and out of to visit him than the last place. $6200 a month though. God. That's almost $3000 more a month than his previous facility. I'm sure the care is worth it. There is about four times the staff here than his other facility. Much more activity. Actual real-time TV and news (instead of just classic movies from the 50's and 60's on a VCR)and many, many visitors coming and going. Still...a tiny bed in half a room, a stand with three drawers, and a stand for a TV. Cable is only $5 a month, so I guess we'll get him a TV of his own, and we'll need to do something to make that half-a-room look better. Some of the other rooms look rather homey. He also won't be locked out of his own room all day. I hated that at the other place.

Sigh.

No comments: