Sunday, December 17, 2006

How do I get this bleeping Yahoo toolbar off my computer?

I did not want it. I did not ask for it. It wiped out all my work tabs. I am PEEVED. I'm going to click around to see how to get rid of it, but if anyone knows, please comment.

Post-note. I got the bleeping thing off, but all of my bookmarks are totally gone, including bookmarks from a work project I was working on. It looks like some automatic update wiped them out. Damn!!!

Post-note Monday a.m. The Yahoo toolbar has returned twice, even after I reset and locked my toolbar last night. This morning it had reappeared, but my bookmarks and the Google toolbar I had before were back, along with my normal work tabs. So I once again deleted the Yahoo toolbar. We'll see what happens. This appears to be a case of Warring Computer Automatic Updates.

Anyone local who would like these two crates or this plastic container, let me know. Tomorrow they are going out by the road with a free sign on them. They are the heavy airline type. Doors are rusted, plastic is discolored, but they are in good shape. They just aren't nice enough looking for off-site adoption use and are too heavy for everyday use.

Warning: they look better in this photo than they are in real life. They are from my wildlife control days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HEAR YOU!!!! Some one installed yahoo on my computer. There is constant pop ups for THEM ,has nothing to do with me. I have tried everything to get it off. I HATE, HATE, HATE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Get Yahoo of my computer. I don't want and I did not give permission to sneak in. Sneak right out and be quick about it.

Anonymous said...

How did you delete the Yahoo toolbar I can't get a delete button or command. I tried the add and delete in control panel and it wasn't listed unless it is listed under some other program. Thanks JB

Anonymous said...

I am having the same trouble. I don't know how Yahoo got on there. It is like they think I have an e mail account because in my searching I found them on my desk top as an e mail page. I believe they deliberately do this to get you to take their e mail. Also, has anyone had any problems with a company called Vostern? It is on my computer and cannot remove it , even with malware removal that I tried. When I went to control panel and thought I removed it , it is still on my web page instead of google. I can't get in to my google e mail. I wish someone would do something about these pirates who seem to get a great joy in doing this. I can see them in a dark room laughing at me for trying to get rid of them. Bea

Anonymous said...

Is this just a place to leave complaints? Where is the answer?