Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Party pictures

First off, a huge thanks goes out to Martha, Finger Lakes winemaker, who hosts our downstairs party every year with wines she handpicks from wineries across our lakes.




Then there are, of course, our sweet cats, both the new, and the long-termers. Kid (from the tunnels under Bailey Hall at Cornell) says "Hey, welcome to the cat barn!"



Then there are the gift-givers. The little cat tree had all sorts of presents this year (there would be more in the picture, but we took the beds and two of the cat hammocks right up to the cats!)



And then there were our artistic friends, who jumped into making prayer flags for the cat garden. A huge thank-you goes to georg (fellow blogger), who had read on my blog that I planned to have materials out for these flags. I'm not the most organized person in the world, and my plans are sometimes bigger than reality. However, I DID have the materials...and georg cut the fabric and got things going so we have a many yards of memory flags to hang. I'll be sure to post them once they are hung (I'll post a photo of the many cat toys georg brought us, too...)



And then Thomas, who was in quarentine (and therefore found himself in the Party Zone downstairs) turned out to LOooooove strangers. Look at this guy! Don't you need him for your party ice-breaker? (Yes, he is a big white former-tom with a huge black spot on his butt).



We had around 35 visitors, with many staying for hours. It means more than you can imagine to have so many people stop by to visit. Really, it sustains us through the entire year! We had people here right at 1:00 when the doors opened, up until 11:00 pm when the last friends wandered home.




Kitty Corn says "I know this is a lousy shot, but every time they opened the top of my cage, I popped out of my new bed. Isn't it cool? Thanks, Sally!




Jack Luther says "There's nothing left but writing the thank-you notes!" (I'd say "paying the bills" but having found ourselves seriously in debt twice in 20years, we are now a cash-and-kitty only program, so the bills are already paid!)



Thanks everyone! It was a wonderful time. It was great to see new faces, as well as the people who come faithfully every year. For those who could not make it, we hope to see you next time!

More to come, because I haven't had a chance to thank people properly, but I didn't want to wait longer.

This year I got "downstairs photos." Last year I got "upstairs photos" and here they are!

No comments: