Thursday, January 26, 2006

Love for cats in New Jersey


I got a chance to visit a wonderful cat sanctuary in New Jersey this week. It's called Tabby's Place, and many of the cats have special needs. I came home with my brain spinning with ideas of what I'd like to do in my own place. Posted by Picasa

Remember, you can click on the images to make them larger.


Pardon the reflection, as this photo was taken through the large window in front of one of their cat rooms. These cubbys are wonderful, and are a great way to provide cats with security while still allowing them to be visible to the public. Posted by Picasa


This is Bagheera, who was exercising in his cart when we arrived. His cage is in the lobby. Posted by Picasa


Here he is out with a caretaker for a stroll on a gorgeous winter day. (This is the same trip as my snowy drive. Amazing what a hundred miles will do to the weather, hey?) Posted by Picasa


The window over each cat room has a photo and description of the cats. This is something I could easily do for my cats. Posted by Picasa


Napping..... Posted by Picasa


Oh, maybe I'll wake up now... Posted by Picasa


Yup. I definitely like these cubbies. It's clear the cats like them, too. And that's what counts. I really enjoyed visiting here.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

The sleepy kittie waking up in the wicker basket was an especially enjoyable pic!

Wildrun said...

Yeah, especially for awhile blogger had it appearing three times! I hope I've fixed that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like such a cool place! Love those boxes/cubbies.

Anonymous said...

the cubbies are awesome. we're all here going, "oooh, I bet we could make those..."