Saturday, December 20, 2008

Guess who may have a home?



Emmi may have a home for Christmas! Won't she be happy not to be an "upstairs" cat any longer. Keep your fingers crossed for her!

You know, there are always rescue folk who say "No one could ever take better care of a cat than me." But "care" sometimes means "exclusive attention" and Emmi is one of those really sweet interactive and funny cats who deserves a home where she is someone's one-and-only. Sure, she'll get a secure roof and all the food she wants while here, but there is a better place for her somewhere. My home is not the best home for every homeless cat that comes my way. They all deserve to be someone's special cat.

Hopefully that "somewhere" has arrived for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know where you're coming from. I have a house full and find it hard to adopt to someone I don't know personally. Today, one of my employees adopted Cinderella who had been abandoned by my neighbor in July with her 6 8 week old kittens. Cinderella, who doesn't like other cats and dogs (or at least not mine) has lived in a kitty condo since July. She'll be sharing a home with 5 other cats (far fewer than what I have) and a friendly dog who has a healthy respect for cats. I'm hopeful and hope this serves as a GOOD OMEN for Emmi.

Connie, Orlando

JMKH said...

That's good news. I've been reading your blog for years and am always in awe of how well-written and interesting you make it. If I lived in your area, I'd volunteer to help you. Instead, I'm going to start volunteering at a new cat rescue in my area. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I hope Emmi has found a new home. I'm just sad that she couldn't stay with us, or with you. She IS a really sweet cat.