Sunday, May 06, 2007

Shoppin' for the cats

I ran into town to pick up some things for the cats, since Friday was payday. I've been meaning to get rid of the huge old bear of a cabinet I have in the cat facility and buy one of those resin/Rubbermaid sort of things (with four shelves for supplies) and a resin porch-seat thing to store clean towels, and I finally got around to shopping for them.

However first I had to make it past the garage sales... No, I didn't buy any more chairs, but I did find these little Happy Meal toys (three for $1) that will be great cat toys!




It took three stores to find the cabinets (Lowes), and I went ahead and got new cat boxes as well (storage containers are better and cheaper than traditional cat boxes). And I also picked up seeds and peat pots to start the summer crop of catnip.




And then I nearly bought them a new building!




No, not really. But isn't this cool?





Maybe once I have my 501(c)(3) we'll have a little capital campaign. It would be nice to start from scratch. I'd get rid of the overhead door and have a second walk-through door, plus many many more windows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan! If you need catnip, next time you're in Ithaca, please stop at my place. I just dumped a whole wheelbarrow full of catnip plants into the compost!

Also, check out the Amish place on RT 89 in Ovid for sheds, etc. They have reasonable prices, deliver, set-up and inspect the following year!

Alice

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful shed. I have the largest Rubbermaid shed in my yard (the "Big Max", I believe it's called), but I'd love something more permanent.

I like the idea of using a storage bench (I grew up calling it a "Deacon's bench") for towels and such. I've been running into storage problems because I seem to constantly have foster kittens, and I have a huge pile of kitten towels that just take up space in the not-very-large laundry room. A bench would be practical and help tidy up the mess.

Wildrun said...

I bought the $45 one, and I would pay more for the better quality one. You really can't sit on this one, which is one reason I wanted it. It's OK for the cats, but if a heavy visitor decides to sit on it, there could be a disaster. However, it's plenty big, and holds a lot of towels.

Anonymous said...

One of my babes has the Rhino toy from the happy meal and it she absolutely loves it.