Monday, May 21, 2007

Guess where I spent Sunday afternoon?

Ugh.

I'm cleaning out the quarentine area (where we had ringworm kittens last year) and the "headbanger room" (the section of the barn where the ceilings are too low for Mark to walk) and in addition to the towels donated by IC students (four bags) and my usual laundry, I discovered I had bags of unfolded towels stored away. Clean? Dirty? They looked clean, but I wasn't going to risk it, especially since I planned to give away a bunch. (All the towels from the quarentine area I threw away).

So rather than subject our poor overworked washer to that much cat laundry, I picked through our change....



And headed off to the Laundromat. A place I swore I would never have to go again, since it is such a black hole for time.




Surprise...they don't take change anymore!!!! Argh! I had to buy a card with my foldable cash--which is just as well as I had nowhere near enough quarters for the sixteen loads of laundry I ended up doing. The triple loaders were all full so I had to use their small single loaders. I have been spoiled by our huge washer at home, which holds at least 50% more clothes.

It wasn't too bad. I napped in the truck on and off, used one space of time to purchase more laundry detergent. I could have gotten out faster, but I didn't want to hog all the dryers. As it was I was using six washers and five dryers and between the detergent etc. the trip cost about $50. Now I remember why we bought a washer and dryer!



But it's all done! Now I'll sort out towels to keep, and towels to give away to other shelters, because I surely don't need this many.

I still have money on the card, but Mark will probably be bringing home more donated towels. I'm sure it will get used up.

No comments: