Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Countdown to the work n party weekend


It looks like we're going to aim for just Sunday and Monday for our Work-n-Party Weekend, because I'll need Saturday to get ready. You know...like when you clean the house before the cleaning lady comes? I need to be sure I have everything for everyone to use, and have cages moved away from walls to paint, buying paint, putting together the Peace Pole, etc. etc. etc.

If you think you may stop by on Sunday or Monday and haven't let me know via email or comments, please leave a note or email me at Info at Americancat dot net!

4 comments:

georg said...

Because of my allergies to paint and other fun things like that, would it be okay for me to stop by on Saturday afternoon for a few hours? I know I'll miss most of the people, but I can just be tucked into a corner with your sewing machine (or bring my own) and get all of that sewing done, without worrying about breathing trouble. The problem is you can't clean around me either, so just don't clean the place you put me.

Or I can stop by, pick up the fabric and your instructions, and just come back later in the weekend with the finished goods. I would like to help, but breathing is kind of important to me too. :)

Wildrun said...

Hey georg,

Actually the sewing, scrapbooking etc is going to take place in the house, entirely away from any of the painting etc. and none of the paint will be in the house. The scrapbooking is all tape-based (no glues) The problem with Saturday is that most of the time I won't be here; I'll be ditching trash at the tranfer station, buying paint for more polar fleece, etc. However, if you can't make it Sun/Monday, what I could do is bring you (or you could come here) whatever material/stuffing remains after this weekend and you could sew at your leisure.

Do you have any food allergies? Figured I'd check since we are on the subject!

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

I can't pop by, not from Singapore. *wry grin*
But just wanted to tell that I haven't had a chance to visit in a while. Now that Ihave, I lvoe all your new photos!

I hope your weekend is a success :)

georg said...

Cardamon and sucralose and roses are the main food allergies. I'm lucky with the food problems.

I'll try to come on Sunday then.