Saturday, September 02, 2006

Why does this ALWAYS happen on a holiday!!!

My favorite personal cat Ivan has a urinary blockage. On SATURDAY. On LABOR DAY WEEKEND. $%#@$!!!!!!

My vet is closed so I will have to use an emergency vet. Locally, one of our emergency options is excellent (much $$$ but oh well). The other, I really really really do not want to use. They will charge me 300% more than any other vet, will subject him to tons of tests, tons of handling, and will insist on hospitalizing him instead of just catherizing him and sending him home with me.

Please, please let the good vet be available.

Poor Ivan. He is just peeing drops. It's not bloody, so there's probably little luck that it's just a urinary tract infection, although I've got him on antibiotics. He's been getting into the kitten chow for the past few weeks, so you have to bet he's got a urinary blockage.

And to think I yelled at him for dribbling on my backpack today. He wasn't being obnoxious or upset about kittens. He's in misery and can't pee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWW! Hope everything turns out okay(for Ivan and your wallet).

Anonymous said...

Poor Ivan... that must be so uncomfortable!

Anonymous said...

Poor guy. I hope you're able to get to the good vet and that Ivan makes a quick recovery!

Anonymous said...

Oh no :( Bud had one of those way back when... that's how we found our emergency vet. (How is it that they always, *always* have problems on holidays?!) I can still picture him yowling in pain while trying to go. Ugh. Hope it turns out alright.