Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Doin' the kitty jig.

I was feeling a bit down about not having placed more kits this week. So I've been working on the websites, updating pet lists, making posters, etc.

And then I got this, which made everything all right (Shayna, send photos, send photos!!!). And Happy Birthday!
Hey Susan,

Just wanted to tell you that I've been really inspired by your blog, and today, my birthday, I decided to celebrate by doing a good deed- I'm fostering 3 kittens. I have a 10 year old cat, Atticus, who looks basically unimpressed by the whole kitten thing. He's pretty chill though. They are quarantined for 10 days because they came straight from Animal Control, and then I'll arrange introductions. The kittens are all litter-mates, an orange tabby and a grey tabby, who are always wrestling, and a very soft tortie. I haven't named them yet.

Anyways, thank you so much for your blog, and if you want to put my story- and photos- up, I'm happy to oblige.

Fostering rocks,

Shayna (and Atticus)

Note: If they aren't already, have those kittens FeLV/FIV tested before introducing them to Atticus!

Fostering saves lives. Period. If you are fostering kittens anywhere, for anyone, and don't have a blog, send photos and your story and I'll be happy to post it here! If you are fostering and have a blog, let me know when would like a link. I try to link when I see fun stuff, but I've haven't been as good at that as I could, this summer.

And Atticus is a very cool name for a cat. I think a kitten here may have to become an Atticus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shayna: Welcome to the wonderful world of fostering. It is so much fun. Right now I have a momma and 3 kittens; they were 3 days old when I got them and now they are almost 4 weeks. They get cuter and cuter every day. A friend of mine is adopting the momma, which makes me very happy, as she is very, very sweet. Who are you fostering for and where are you located?

Susan: I'll send you a photo of them when they were just a few days old, if I can find it.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let u know about a site i came on the other nite. it really infuriated me and since ur in the animal rescue business, i thought u should know. it's iamscruelty.com. I'm taking both my cats and dogs off major store brands and putting them on something that is not animal tested.