Saturday, September 16, 2006

Snuck down from the hill to blog...

We have friends over, and for the first time in the six years we've lived here, we are having a campfire up on the hill. But I snuck down the hill to blog while everyone else is partying. Just photos....



Today I did a food inventory and realized I had more than enough to share. So I hit three colonies in my immediate neighborhood and left food and in some places, straw for shelters.



Valarie mentioned that a neighbor had seen kittens near her intersection, so I checked out the area but didn't find any...yet. There are lots of places to hide under these old cars.


I stoppped at the neighbor who is overrun with kittens to leave food and list of the prices for spay/neuter. No one was home when I arrived, but a gentleman drove up while I was there and I told him I could get the males done for $20 and the females for $35. They have internet, so hopefully they will email me when they are ready to go.


This is what a "feral" cat should look like. Cuddling in on a bed on a porch, fixed, vaccinated, and fed.

Back to the party. It's a long chilly walk back up to the top of the hill, but there are friends and biiiiiigggggg fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by to wish you a very Happy Birthday :)