Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fall colors

This weekend went fast. Friday I had to take little Bebe to the vet. She pulled her interior stitches (thank you, Gretchen, for mentioning you noticed a lump) and had a hernia, so she had to get opened up again and restitched. Then she pulled her EXTERIOR stitches overnight at the vet, and was stapled. Now she has an E-collar on, and I need to post a photo because she is quite cute, the little pain. This means she is unadoptable for two weeks, although someone could put a "hold" on her.

Billee and Gunsmoke went to their new home today. Mark and I spent the afternoon at a family function, and during my drive home, it was clear that fall has arrived:



I still haven't purchased a shrub for Sammy's grave in the cat garden, and I've been meaning to get a mum in the meantime. But every time I think of it, the garden places are closed. On the way home tonight I passed a little roadside stand that was just someone's house. I thought perhaps they'd have a paybox, but the resident came right out even though it was past 5:00 on a Sunday, and a I purchased a great big mum. Yesterday I found a little winged cat at Agway, so now Sammy has his memorial, until next spring when I can find him a good shade tolerant shrub.



I have many people who have inquired about kittens, so hopefully some will get homes this week. One especially nice couple would like indoor/outdoor kittens (I only adopt to indoor homes). However, I have a few people with "found kittens" that I cannot take because I am full, and perhaps we can make a connection there. Better a very good indoor/outdoor home than being left on the street for the winter!

No comments: