Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Gifts by mail...



These beautiful quilts came for the shelter cats...THE SHELTER CATS, DITZY! NOT YOU!...in the mail late last week. The post office window is only open a few hours a day so I wasn't able to pick them up until recently.

Aren't they beautiful? Ditzy thinks so. Should I perhaps call them afghans instead of quilts, since they are knitted? There was no note with them, but a little bird gave me a hint who might have sent them. I'm sure the cats in the cat facility will just love snuggling into them now that the weather is getting colder.

Thank you so much! Gifts like these...that someone put so much work into...really touch the heart. How can you conceive of a stranger caring so much to make and send them? It's incredible.

3 comments:

York Staters said...

Unrelated cat owner diatribe I found amusing: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/161676427.html

When I finally settle down enough to adopt, I'm coming to wildrun

Thanks for the always interesting blogging

Natalie

Anonymous said...

We received a nice knitted blanket when we adopted Derek from Best Friends, and all the cats love it. I put it on a chair, and it's one of the most-coveted places for them to sleep.

georg said...

I've talked to a Girl Scout who was looking for something charitable to do with her troop and gave her some ideas. We shall see.