Friday, March 10, 2006

Tom-No-More


Here is Horton being transferred from his feral cat den back into a trap for his trip to the vet today.

I love my vets. I took Horton in there at 8:00 am and just got the call that he's done already (9:30 am). He has NO fleas, NO earmites, and his abscess is long-healed. He's got nice bright white teeth and appears to be under two years of age. He's ten pounds, and that's pretty hefty for a feral, so I'll put up a poster or two in the area in case someone was feeding him.

He's had all his shots now, and is FeLV negative. And what a nasty guy! It probably has served him well on the streets. He also trashes his cage every day and is probably the messiest tenant I've ever had. I never knew a cat could throw cat litter that far. But he's healthy, and he's got a new home if no owners show up. Hang in there, Horton. The cage is only for a short time. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I meant to ask this earlier -- is this "Horton" as in "Tim Horton"? We almost named one of our kittens "Timbit", even though we don't have any Tim Hortons stores around here.

Wildrun said...

Hey,Leigh-ann. Nope. It's Horton, as in the road where he was captured. I'm afraid I've named so many cats, I've grown unimaginative. :)

georg said...

And here I was thinking of Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Suess.

I understand about the unimaginative naming bit! I named the shelter cats for a while. One week I went on a pasta kick, and all of the cats that came in that week were different kinds of pasta- Lasagna, Linguini, Fetuccini, etc.

He's a lucky cat!

Anonymous said...

I think Horton is a fine name, regardless of the origin -- the Tim Horton I spoke of is the name of a chain of coffee shops *and* the name of a hockey player. We gave all our kittens hockey names (a player, a referee, and a trophy), just because it was that time of year and we had hockey on the brain. I think I'd name the next batch (if there is a next batch) after different types of sushi, although Dr. Suess characters might be fun, too! Or what about vegetables... Carrots, Bean, Tater...

Anonymous said...

I named Francesca after Wolf's grandmother. My mother-in-law wasn't sure if she was supposed to be flattered or insulted that we named the cat after her mother.