Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Houston, we have a problem.

Notice. This is not. cat. related.

Do me a favor and Google Jeffrey Williams. Pardon me, but am I the only one who thinks that, had he been launching off an American spacepad, we'd be hearing whole lot more about this?

(I know I'm not).

He's an AMERICAN. He launched into SPACE. No matter what country he is launching from (and perhaps, even more newsworthy because this is a cooperative venture) this is brave, brave, brave. Brave, romantic...and all those newsworthy adjectives. Where was the countdown? Where was the breath-holding until we knew he was safe?

God Bless. Stay safe. And I hope every American media outlet not adequately covering this tonight or tomorrow has a lousy night's sleep. Because this is one of our major problems in the good old U.S of A. If it ain't all about us, it ain't worth covering. Even when it's about one of our own citizens. Why isn't the International Space Station more of a story?

Because it ain't all about us.

Interesting info here

No comments: